Our Aims & Objectives
The Parish Council’s vision is to improve the Quality of Life for people of the Parish; building upon the character and community spirit within the Parish, addressing their needs and encouraging all social sectors of the community to develop as an inclusive and vibrant community.
What do we want to achieve?
The Parish Council’s Aims are:
- To improve the development, appearance, and environment in which we live; ensuring that these changes do not cause future harm.
- To be a strong voice on behalf of the local people and businesses, representing their views.
- To be well managed; providing sound governance and financial management, and be an exemplar employer.
How are we going to achieve these Aims?
The Parish Council’s Objectives are:
Aim 1: To improve the development, appearance, and environment in which we live; ensuring that these changes do not cause future harm.
- To develop a Neighbourhood plan; involving local residents, businesses and organisations.
- To develop and support business and economic activity in the parish; including the encouragement of local residents to use local services, and actively support the improvement of broadband and mobile services.
- To support the work of village and voluntary organisations; through access to BDBC and parish grants, providing practical support where appropriate.
- To work with the BDBC and HCC to provide safe, healthy and timely opportunities for recreation, leisure and education; by adding value to their statutory activities.
- To promote a safer community through liaison with HCC Highways Department, local Police and the Neighbourhood Watch.
- To improve and maintain public recreation space e.g. Village Green, and the local footpath/bridleway network.
Aim 2: To be a strong voice on behalf of the local people and businesses, representing their views
- To communicate with our residents, relate their views, needs and aspirations to the appropriate statutory and non-governmental bodies. To work with these organisations to ensure services and future development are responsive to local needs.
- To increase public involvement through being open, transparent and accountable to our residents by:
- providing a public forum at every Parish Council meeting,
- facilitating the Annual Parish Meeting,
- consulting those affected on planning applications and other matters,
- reporting our activities, finances etc. through Noticeboards, the Hannington web site and the Hannington village email network; and seeking feedback.
- To respond on time to all planning applications and other statutory consultations.
Aim 3: To be well managed; providing sound governance and financial management, and be an exemplar employer.
- To maintain up-to-date Governance documents e.g. Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Risk Register, etc. that comply with latest guidance and are fit-for-purpose.
- To produce and circulate comprehensive and timely Council Agendas, Discussion Papers and Minutes to Cllrs and residents.
- To reach sound decisions; taking into account all the information necessary.
- To maintain detailed and accurate budget statements and financial records that comply with the Council’s Financial Regulations, and to produce timely Final Accounts that are to the satisfaction of the internal and external auditors.
- To ensure that the Council complies with Government rules and regulations as to its management, e.g. risk management, insurance cover, ‘open government and transparency’.